Origin: Russia, Altai
Both types of burdock are biennial herbaceous plants with regular large broadly ovate leaves, green above, and grayish-felt below. Flowers are dark purple, tubular, collected in spherical baskets with prehensile hooked wrappers. In contrast to the Great burdock, Woolly burdock has a web-like downy stem and flower baskets. Height 70 – 150 cm.
The time of flowering. June-September.
Distribution. They are found in the southern and midland of Europe, in Siberia and Central Asia.
Habitat. Grow in kitchen gardens, in gardens, on waste grounds, weed places, ravines, along roads and river banks.
The part used. The roots and leaves.
The roots contain the carbohydrate inulin (27-45%), proteins, palmitic and stearic acids, sitosterol and stigmasterol, arctiin glucoside, bitter and tannins, and a special essential Bardan oil (0.17%). Burdock contains a lot of ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
1. 1 tablespoon of dry roots infuse for 2 hours in 2 cups of boiling water. Take hot 1/2 cup 2-4 times a day.
2. 1 tablespoon of leaves infuse 2-3 hours in 1 cup of boiling water. Take 1 tablespoon 4-6 times a day 1 hour after meals.
3. Boil the leaves and roots in water, finely chop them, and rub them with fresh butter.
4. 20 g of burdock roots and 10 g of flower baskets ("flowers») boil the marigolds in 1 liter of water.
5. 38 g of fresh roots infuse 1 day in 100 g of sunflower oil, then cook for 15 minutes on low heat, strain.
We ship orders to any country of the world participating in the international mail exchange. For shipping your orders we use the Russian Post mail service and the national postal service of the recipient country. All orders are shipped with a registered tracking number, provided to the customer immediately after shipment of his parcel. This allows you to track all stages of delivery.
The cost of delivery is calculated automatically and you can always see its value in the cart. Shipping cost determines the gross weight of the parcel.
You can find detailed information on delivery and payment here
No one review :(