A perennial herbaceous plant with a large thick dark brown rootstock, large soft-leaved oblong-ovate crenulate-pilate leaves. Flowers are Golden-yellow, collected in large baskets; marginal flowers are ligate, median-tubular. Rhizomes and roots have a peculiar smell. Height 100 – 150 cm.
The part used. Rhizomes with roots.
Rhizomes and roots contain polysaccharides inulin (up to 44%) and inulenine, saponins, a small amount of alkaloids, vitamin E (25.5 – 31.75 mg) and essential oil (about 1 – 3%). The composition of essential oils includes helenin, or Alentova camphor (alantolactone), and a small amount of alantol. The leaves contain a bitter substance lactone alantean. Rhizomes and roots have a peculiar aromatic smell and a spicy bitter burning taste. It is believed that the therapeutic effect of inula depends on the helenium.
Elecampane as a medicinal plant was known in antiquity (in Ancient Greece and Rome). This is one of the most popular plants in folk medicine. Elecampane stimulates appetite, improves digestion, especially when the stomach is low in acidity, regulates the secretory function of the stomach and intestines and stimulates the overall metabolism in the body. The plant has a diuretic, diaphoretic, astringent, anthelmintic, expectorant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and soothing effect. Clinically established good bile-forming and choleretic properties. In folk medicine, an infusion or decoction of rhizomes and roots is used as an expectorant and anti-inflammatory agent for various diseases of the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal tract. An infusion or decoction is successfully taken for flu-like bronchial catarrh, pulmonary tuberculosis, lack of appetite, sluggish digestion, diarrhea and rheumatic disease.
Alcohol tincture of rhizomes and roots in the form of drops is used for malaria.
Externally, a concentrated infusion or decoction of rhizomes and roots is very effectively used in the form of baths, washings, compresses for various skin diseases (itching, rashes, scabies, eczema, lichen, etc.). Poultices of fresh rhizomes and roots are used for rheumatism. In German folk medicine, an infusion of rhizomes and roots is used to enhance the overall metabolism, as an appetising agent and a means to excite the activity of the gastrointestinal tract. The infusion is taken for diarrhea, gastrointestinal diseases with the release of blenna, for women's diseases-painful menstruation and their absence, uterine prolapse, etc. Nard also take for high blood pressure, hemorrhoids, and as a "blood-purifying" remedy for various skin diseases. Decoction of rhizomes is used for rinsing the throat and mouth for inflammatory processes and for local baths for skin diseases. In scientific medicine, rhizomes are used as an expectorant for various respiratory diseases, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and as a diuretic. The rhizomes used to produce blue paint.
1. 1 teaspoon of dry rhizomes with roots of inula to insist 8 hours in 1 glass of cooled boiled water, strain. Take 1/4 glass 4 times a day 20 minutes before meals as an expectorant and gastric remedy.
2. 20 g of rhizomes with roots boil in 1 glass of water, insist for 4 hours, strain. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day 20 minutes before meals as an expectorant and gastric remedy.
3. 12 g of fresh rhizomes with roots cook for 10 minutes in 1/2 l of port wine. Take 50 g 2-3 times a day, before meals as a tonic, strengthening agent for General weakness of the body.
4. Take a small dose of rhizome powder (take it on the tip of a knife), with water, 2 times a day before meals.
5. Mix 1 part of the rhizome powder with 2 parts of lard, or butter, or vaseline, and rub. Use as an ointment for skin diseases.
6. 100 g of fresh rhizomes inula boil in 1 liter of water, infuse for 4 hours, strain. Decoction is used for baths and washings for skin diseases.
We ship orders to any country of the world participating in the international mail exchange. For shipping your orders we use the Russian Post mail service and the national postal service of the recipient country. All orders are shipped with a registered tracking number, provided to the customer immediately after shipment of his parcel. This allows you to track all stages of delivery.
The cost of delivery is calculated automatically and you can always see its value in the cart. Shipping cost determines the gross weight of the parcel.
You can find detailed information on delivery and payment here
No one review :(