Origin: Russia, Altai
A perennial herb with a yellow-orange milky juice. The leaves are alternate, unpaired, with large lobes, glaucous below, and green above. The flowers are yellow, with four petals and many stamens. Fruits — pod-shaped boxes. Height 30 – 100 cm. Applied part: grass (stems, leaves, flowers), grass juice and roots. Grass and grass juice are collected in June – July, roots-in autumn.
All parts of the plant contain alkaloids (the roots — 1,90 – 4,14%, grass — to 1.87%) chelidonine, homochelidonine (chelerythrine, metaxalone, oxyhalides, sanguinarine, protopin, allocryptopine, spartein, berberine, chelidonine, coptisine, hairulin, hallucin and a number of other colorant chelidonine, chelidonura organic acids, malic, citric, succinic, flavonoids, saponins, vitamins A (up to 14.9 mg%), C (up to 171 mg%), essential oil (0.01%) and volatile. All parts of the plant, especially the roots, are poisonous.
Celandine is widely used in folk medicine in various countries. The plant delays the growth of some malignant tumors, reduces and soothes pain, heals wounds, removes warts and calluses, stops cramps and spasms, increases the excretion of urine and bile, and has a laxative, antimicrobial and insecticidal effect.
Externally, a decoction of herbs and a decoction of roots is used for baths, washings, lotions for various skin diseases (rashes, lichens, acne), scrofula, purulent wounds and ulcers. Infected ulcers and wounds that do not heal for a long time, in addition to washing, are treated with leaf powder or fresh crushed leaves are applied to them. Milky orange-red celandine juice is used to destroy warts, calluses, freckles and treat various skin diseases. Milky juice leaves brown spots on the skin, causing burning and skin irritation.
Internal use of celandine, as a highly poisonous plant, requires great care and mandatory medical supervision! You should beware of long-term use and ingestion of celandine in large quantities: in such cases, it causes nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, respiratory depression, and even death.
1. 1 teaspoon of crushed herbs and roots to 2 cups of boiling water, infuse for 30-40 minutes, strain. Take 1/2 cup 4 times a day as a choleretic.
2. 1 tablespoon of dry crushed herbs for 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist for 1 hour, strain. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day for psoriasis.
3. 1.5 tablespoons of tricolor violet per 1 cup of boiling water, infuse for 1 hour, strain. Take the entire dose during the day with simultaneous hot baths of celandine decoction for psoriasis.
5. Therapeutic enemas of crushed fresh celandine grass for hemorrhoids. A single dose of 1 g of grass per 1 kg of patient weight. The course of treatment is 10-20 enemas (daily or every other day). Only under the supervision of a doctor/
6. Alcohol tincture. Take 15-20 drops 3 times a day for chronic tonsillitis.
7. 4 tablespoons of crushed herbs with inflorescences boil for 5 minutes in 6 cups of water in a closed container, insist for 8 hours, strain. Use for baths and washings for scrofula and skin diseases.
8. 20% herb tincture with 40% alcohol. Take 10 drops 2 times a day for psoriasis.
9. 1 teaspoon of celandine grass, common yarrow and chamomile flowers per 1 cup of boiling water, infuse for 30-40 minutes, strain. Take 1 glass 2-3 times a day for pathological menopause.
10. 1 tablespoon of a mixture of large celandine grass, blood-red hawthorn flowers and peppermint leaves in a ratio of 2:2:3 per 1 cup of boiling water, infused for 40 minutes, strain. Take 1/2 cup 3 times a day before meals as a choleretic.
11. Therapeutic bath for adults in the treatment of eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis: 500 g of a mixture of warty birch leaves, burdock, common durnishnik grass, oregano, meadow clover, dioecious nettle, chamomile, common knotweed, field horsetail and celandine, taken in the ratio 5:6:5:4:5:5:5:5:6:6 for 10 liters of water, bring to a boil, infuse for 40-50 minutes, strain and pour into the bath (water temperature 38-39°C), the duration of the procedure is 25 minutes. Take 2-3 times during the week before the therapeutic effect.
12. 30 g of dry crushed grass per 1 liter of boiling water, infused for 3 hours, strain and use for douching with colitis, endocervicitis.
We ship orders to any country of the world participating in the international mail exchange. For shipping your orders we use the Russian Post mail service and the national postal service of the recipient country. All orders are shipped with a registered tracking number, provided to the customer immediately after shipment of his parcel. This allows you to track all stages of delivery.
The cost of delivery is calculated automatically and you can always see its value in the cart. Shipping cost determines the gross weight of the parcel.
You can find detailed information on delivery and payment here
No one review :(